© 2019 Digital Barker
The Business Analyst will be a part of the team responsible for analyzing business processes within the company and recommending projects to improve the effectiveness of those processes.
- Gathering of user requirements.
- Elicitation and documentation of user requirements.
- Draw up detailed process flows, sequence diagrams, use cases etc.
- Prepare quality mockups and prototypes.
- Provide requirement clarification to technical team (Developers etc.)
- Conduct user/customer feedback surveys.
- Analyze feedback from customers and draw proper insights on new product improvements.
- Validate and ensure that client’s requirement is met by testing delivered product against what was requested.
- Analyze and break down client’s requirement clearly for technical team.
- Validate customer’s and product requirement/needs by carrying out research.
- Interact with Technical team (developers etc.) to ensure the system is properly implemented.
- Work in collaboration with UX team to ensure product or requirement is user-friendly and intuitive.
- Review content to be put on the product to ensure they easily understood.
- Recommend and suggest process improvements.
- Thoroughly analyze and dissect gathered requirements in proper details and possibly recommend other approaches or ways of improvement.
- Manage scrum teams.
- Breakdown user stories with clear Definition of Done and Acceptance Criteria.
- Drive and hold Agile activities meeting; Stand-ups, Product Backlog Refinement, Sprint Planning, Retrospective and Sprint Review.
- Coordinate release/deployment planning meetings.
- Collate and share sprint reports with seniors.
- Ensure scrum team adheres to Agile Principles.
- Prepare and update product materials (system documentation, user manuals etc.) for training and knowledge base update.
- Provide training on products to the product users or customers.
- Work with the business and market research teams to identify opportunities for improvement in business operations and processes.
- Follow up to ensure problems or issues raised by clients are resolved.
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- A First Class or Second Class upper degree in a reputable university.
- 1-3 years experience.
- CBAA, CBAP, ITIL is a plus.
- Previous experience in Business /Systems Analysis or Quality Assurance.
- High-Level understanding of the Software Development LifeCycle (SDLC).
- Good understanding working with the Agile Methodology.
- Proven experience in eliciting requirements and testing.
- Experience in analyzing data or existing processes to draw business relevant conclusions.
- Good understanding and ability to work on UML Diagrams.
- Ability to work with Prototyping tools; Balsamiq, Proto.io, AI, Adobe XD etc.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Visio, Lucidchart or any other similar tool to design the diagrams; Process Flows, Sequence Diagrams, Use Cases Diagrams, Product RoadMaps, Architectural Diagrams, Component Diagrams etc.
- Requirement Prioritization skills.
- Possess some technical knowledge on software development; understanding system integrations, client/server architectures etc.
- Ability to work with Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work with task management tool; JIRA.
ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES & ATTRIBUTES
- Excellence driven
- Strong ownership mind-set
- Leadership tendencies
- Agile problem solving
- Impeccable integrity
- Critical thinking capabilities
- Dynamic and active
- Result oriented
- Possess a can-do mind-set