© 2019 Digital Barker
Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen
About the Department:
Andela’s Talent Development department creates the required programs, curriculum, facilitation, and partnerships that ensure our developers meet Andela’s “developer specifications” in a timely, efficient, scalable manner.
Andela’s curriculum team supports that mission by defining and supporting effective, evidence-based Learning Paths that ensure developers are qualified for Global Technology positions. The curriculum team leverages the expertise of our community and data from our Partner contexts to ensure Andela’s Curriculum prepares developers to thrive on top technology teams.
About the role:
The Director of Curriculum is an engineering and learning leader, responsible for setting the vision, implementing the strategy, and leading the team to deliver high-impact curriculum initiatives. They are accountable for the efficacy, usability, engagement, and scalability of the global curriculum for developers of all levels.
Create a clear, effective, scalable Learner Journey
- Set curriculum strategy for all phases of Talent Development Pipeline to ensure that the learner journey is streamlined, clear, and covers all the appropriate skills
- Lead team to create a multiple, personalized pathways into and through Andela
- Ensure the provision of well-defined and robustly supported paths to advancement based on the strategy & priorities of each unit
- Ensure full coverage of pathways to technology roles at Andela; prioritize which pathways are of the highest importance
- Liaise closely with Director, Learning Technology to implement curriculum as a “tool” that achieves a desired learner outcome
Incorporation of Market Feedback:
- Manage feedback loop with Revenue, Talent, and Success teams to take in and act on partner feedback
- Use data & expertise to prioritize the creation of learning materials that effectively increase developer performance in the most critical partner contexts
- Collaborate closely with VP, Product, to support the creation of curriculum pathways that enable our developers to meet and exceed our product specifications
- Set and create accountability around the team strategy, roadmap and KPI’s
- Design, hire, and retain a world-class team capable of meeting and exceeding the divisions KPIs and initiatives
- Ensure consistent reporting on core divisional metrics including but not limited to curriculum quality (NPS) and efficacy (developer performance)
- Experienced professional with at least 3-5 years of direct management experience
- At least 5 years in development/ Software engineering / Product Management role
- A background in learning & development in any form (teaching, curriculum development, management, learning operations, etc)
- A doer who is self-motivated and proactive, obsessed with detail and quality, and personally offended by mediocrity.
- An open communicator who takes ownership of deliverables, communicates ideas, and tests their efficacy with an analytical mindset.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time
- Able to thrive on a diverse, globally distributed team
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.