Job ID 5571
Who we are
TeamApt is a financial technology company digitising Africa’s real economy by building a financial ecosystem for businesses, providing them with all the payment, banking, credit and business management tools they need to succeed.
What we do
Engineering at TeamApt is an inspired, customer-focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Our infrastructure runs on some of the cool tools that excite infrastructure engineers.
We also make business decisions based on the large stream of data we receive daily, so we work daily with big data, perform data analytics and build models to make sense of the noise and give our customers the best experience.
If this excites you, it excites us too and we would love to have you.
About the role
The Front-end Engineer is required to produce and implement functional software solutions for web clients. You will be using the angular js and/or angular 6+ application framework.
Experience with these frameworks is an added advantage but you can apply if you have experience with similar J.S frameworks. You will work with the Enterprise Architect to define software requirements and take the lead on operational and technical projects.
In this role, you should be able to work independently with little supervision. You should have excellent organization and problem-solving skills. You are also required to have hands-on experience in software development and agile methodologies. Your primary goal will be to develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business goals.
What you’ll get to do
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Ensure software is up-to-date with the latest technology
To succeed in this role, we think you should have
- At least 3 years proven experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience in software development, scripting and project management
- Experience using system monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic) and automated testing frameworks
- Familiarity with various operating systems (Linux, Mac OS, Windows)
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Minimum of a BS in computer science or related skills
What we can offer you
- Culture -We put our people first and prioritize the well-being of every team member. We’ve built a company where all opinions carry weight and where all voices are heard. We value and respect each other and always look out for one another. Above all, we are human.
- Learning – We have a learning and development-focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
- Compensation – You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, health insurance,, Employee Stock Options, annual bonus, plus other benefits.
What to expect in the hiring process
- A preliminary phone call with the recruiter
- A live coding assessment, for about 30-45 minutes.
- A take-home design task with a Lead in our Product and Design team (for front end roles)
- A technical interview with a Lead in our Engineering Team
- A behavioural and technical interview with a member of the Executive team.
How to apply: please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile via our career website.
TeamApt is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates.