Job ID 5573
Who we are
TeamApt is a financial technology company digitizing Africa’s real economy by building a financial ecosystem for businesses, providing them with all the payment, banking, credit and business management tools they need to succeed.
What we do
At TeamApt we are a customer-focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. We have several products that provide essential services for businesses such as credit, overdrafts etc. We leverage artificial intelligence and data to make our decisions but also have the technology and data-driven best practices used to support our businesses.
About the role
As a Market Intelligence Analyst, you are saddled with the responsibility of ensuring we continue to innovate along our merchant products, stay ahead of competition and well informed of developing trends – via industry research and analysis, experiments, and data driven insights.
Location: Lagos (Remote, Full-time)
What you’ll get to do
- Collate and review the daily suggestions and insights from the distribution associates.
- Daily market scanning to unravel competition strategies, strengths and weaknesses.
- Gather external data on the industry trends and projections, by leveraging on personal and professional relationships. within the industry.
- Frequently review and compare services to pinpoint areas of improvements.
- Present a weekly refined market intelligence report to the management to support decision making
- Partner with Product teams to generate hypotheses, detect and validate opportunities and defects.
- Conduct intermittent market research and surveys to ensure the team is adequately in-tune with the industry events and happenings around our competitions.
- Proactively communicate findings trends and patterns across our product lines, customers and acquisition channels.
- Conduct various types of analysis to optimize performance and triage issues.
- Manage day-to-day relationships with our partners to maintain expectations around business objectives and deliverables.
- Perform other duties as delegated and assigned by your Line Manager
To succeed in this role, we think you should have
- Minimum 3 years in a Product Strategy, Product Performance, Business/Market Intelligence or Growth related role
- Minimum tertiary education in a recognised institution.
- Strong knowledge of Google Apps (Sheet, Docs e.t.c) and Excel, especially for analytics and visualisation purposes.
- Analytical thought process and have a strong understanding of data related tools such as Metabase, Tableau, PowerBI etc.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-driven, ability to take initiative.
- Have a growth mindset
- Experience with the a Merchant and/or Agent acquiring business would be an added advantage
- Experience working with Product and Data Science team would be an advantage
- Residency in Lagos State
What we can offer you
- Culture -We put our people first and prioritize the well-being of every team member. We’ve built a company where all opinions carry weight and where all voices are heard. We value and respect each other and always look out for one another. Above all, we are human.
- Learning – We have a learning and development-focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
- Compensation – You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, health insurance,, Employee Stock Options, annual bonus, plus other benefits.
What to expect in the hiring process
- A preliminary phone call with the recruiter
- An interview with the Hiring Manager.
- An interview with a member of our Executive team.
TeamApt is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates.