© 2019 Digital Barker
Job Title: OSP Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
The OSP Engineer will be responsible for the following functions:
- Supervise daily OSP lastmile builds including corrective and preventive operation activities.
- Provide up-to-date documentation of Optic Fibre infrastructure in the network.
- Plan and design the splice points locations for customer fibre connection.
- Cross-check and ensure up-to date drawing of the MainOne fibre network.
- Supervise the activities of the MainOne fibre network maintenance contractor and ensure stipulated SLAs with customers are met.
- Conduct surveys for fibre lastmile builds.
- Prepare project timelines, prepare and track budgets and provide detailed weekly status reports.
- Direct emergency restoration and mitigation activities required for the OSP network; which include fiber optic cut and other fibre failure
- Supervise and manages contractors on site.
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- HND/BSc in any Engineering related field.
- Years of Experience: 3-5 years
- Technical & Professional proficiency skill will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office and MS Project.
- Analytical Thinking.
- Problem Solving skills.
- Self-management skills.
Demand of the Job:
- Ability and willingness to work round the clock when required.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to travel within and out of the country at short notice.