Marc Andreessen, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peek behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and growing their business. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200+ tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
About the Program Manager, Partner Engineering Position:
As a Partner Engineering Program Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the Senior Manager Programs and Operations and the rest of the leadership team in driving programs delivery within the department and cross-functional teams to achieve key business outcomes. You will champion key change management initiatives that impact key processes, teams or tools within Partner Engineering. In addition to this, you will liaise with local operations to ensure our delivery teams are well supported in service to our partners.
Reporting to Senior Manager Programs and Operations of Partner Engineering in:-
Program Management :
- Plan the overall program and monitor progress to make sure that milestones are being met across the various projects and programs.
- Responsible for demand planning and resource management for the delivery of all programs within the department.
- Ability to work and coordinate with cross-functional teams to ensure our delivery.
- Manage stakeholders who are involved in the projects and programs in the program.
- Track, forecast, and report on department program delivery against agreed metrics.
- Responsible for the daily management through the life cycle of the program.
- Support the Project Coordinators within the department.
Change Management :
- Ability to work with Head of other key functions within Andela to run programs or initiatives that they require support and input from Partner Engineering. Support and coordinate Partner Engineering teams for the duration of the program.
- Drive the documentation and implementation of new processes to ensure they are aligned best practices to increase the efficiency of the Department.
Delivery Operations Management :
- Work closely with the local operations team on key processes that impact Partner Engineering ensuring that the department needs are understood and are addressed.
- Coordinate the processes to support the on-boarding of new Partner Engineering team members with training and materials to ensure that team members are true representatives of Andela
Budgeting Operations :
- Coordinate closely with the Directors of Partner Engineering on the Budget spend at the country and regional levels.
- Work closely with the finance team on the tracking of the departments spend.
Data & Insights operations :
- Interpret Data: Data reporting analysts use statistical techniques to interpret the results from the data they acquired so that they can use the information to create regular reports.
- Prioritize Business Goals – Work closely with management to prioritize business needs and stay up to date with the goals of the organization as they evolve.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.