© 2019 Digital Barker
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Kigali, Cairo and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the role:
Andela has recently surpassed the exciting milestone of 1,700 Andelans (1200+ software engineers) globally, and plans to double over the next year. Andela is looking to hire an analytical leader to build and drive the analytics and operations team for Andela’s Trainee Recruitment Program division.
As the Pre-Fellowship Project Coordinator you will be responsible for working closely with the program managers, marketing, technology and data team to roll out projects, excellent tools and systems that enable a high performing learning environment for our learning and mentor communities e.g. ALC (Andela Learning Community) As our learning communities increase in reach and scale your role will be to implement human design thinking and project management principles to optimize the learning program and talent supply that better matches demand.
This role requires someone with next level product management thinking and excellent project management skill-sets such as;
Product Ideation & Strategy Formulation
- Works closely with program leads, marketing, and technology to design, articulate and map out the winning learning platform and tech tools that optimize learner experience and maximise ROI
Manage Pre-Fellowship Projects and Requirements
- Build out clear project and work plans that clearly captures activities, roles and responsibilities and RACI matrix
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders to identify critical business blockers and collaborate on innovative solutions
- Oversee projects end-to-end in partnership with our internal teams and external partners
- Perform audits, reporting, data analysis and projects assessment of various scope
- Take the initiative to identify and remove any inefficiencies within all parts of the business
Communication / Collaboration:
- Clearly and concisely communicate findings to senior management
- Structure and package work into compelling presentations and communications that influence various audiences, including executives
- Have at least 4 years of experience working in software development, technology consulting or software product management
- Have experience effectively working remotely
- Are passionate about the evolving technology landscape and enjoy leveraging advancements to solve business problems
- Outstanding intellectual ability. Able to process and synthesise complex information
- Have a strong understanding of agile software development techniques
- Have a vibrant personality and exceptional communication skills (English, verbal and written)
- Have the ability to build rapport and communicate with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.