Marc Andreessen, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peek behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and growing their business. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200+ tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
About the Role
As the Selection Quality Lead, you will be responsible for ensuring high-quality technical evaluation of Andela’s Software Engineering candidates to ensure that the Engineering Recruiting team is able to recruit high-quality engineers to meet client demand in a timely manner. You will also be responsible for iteratively maintaining the integrity of our selection model.
- Lead the cross-functional redesign and ongoing improvement of Andela’s technical recruitment process, optimizing for candidate experience and customer satisfaction
- Build tools to streamline Andela’s technical recruitment process, such as automated scheduling and algorithmic candidate scoring
- Oversee quality assurance for technical evaluation stages of Andela’s recruitment process and build necessary feedback loops to improve customer satisfaction
- Design and deliver ongoing training for Andela’s technical recruiters and interviewers to improve their abilities to assess diverse technical talent
- 3+ years experience developing software, ideally focused on back-end in DevOps environment with understanding of front-end fundamentals
- Experience with process optimisation and automation
- Experience with learning design/curriculum development for technology-related programs including technical assessments
- Experience working for a professional services company and an understanding of two-sided marketplace dynamics
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, And a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status