© 2019 Digital Barker
The successful candidate will be expected to lead a development team from implementation to commissioning of software applications.
- Interacts professionally with project stakeholders and internal business units to assist in developing core business requirements for applications.
- Designing applications in line with best practice and the specific requirements of clients.
- Documenting and communicating design approach and methodology to clients.
- Developing applications in line with best practice and the specific requirements of the clients.
- Manages direct reports – Junior software developers, intermediate developers, and other project team members. Responsible for the career development of these officers.
- Demonstrates leadership and mentorship for peers and subordinates.
Educational Qualification and professional qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or any of the Physical Sciences from a reputable University.
- Demonstrated knowledge of AGILE development methodologies is a requirement; certification is an added advantage.
- 7+ years of software development experience.
- Rich experience in Application Development is a core requirement.
- Must possess experience in the design, development, deployment and management of at least 3 large scale enterprise application (JAVA) projects.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong, demonstrated knowledge of JAVA
- Demonstrated experience in JEE, Angular JS, JSP, EJB, JAX-WS, JPA/Hibernate, Spring Boot
- React Native, Spring Boot, Alfresco CMS
- Cognitive Solutions development skills – Node JS, Full Stack / Integration
- (Micro Services / APIs), ReactJS / SQL Lite / Spring Boot / utilities frameworks.
- Strong knowledge of Application Development Methodology is an added advantage.
- Agile Methodology
- Strong Project Management Skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of version control solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of current computer hardware, software and ability to work on multiple assignments and under pressure.
- Interpersonal Competencies
- Honesty, integrity, and commitment to work.
- Strong leadership skills
- Teamwork, proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook.