Job ID 5666
Who we are
TeamApt is a financial technology company digitising Africa’s real economy by building a financial ecosystem for businesses, providing them with all the payment, banking, credit and business management tools they need to succeed.
What we do
Engineering at TeamApt is an inspired, customer-focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Our infrastructure runs on some of the cool tools that excite infrastructure engineers – kubernetes, docker etc.
We also make business decisions based on the large stream of data we receive daily, so we work daily with big data, perform data analytics and build models to make sense of the noise and give our customers the best experience.
If this excites you, it excites us too and we would love to have you.
About the role
Location: Remote (Full time)
What you’ll get to do
- Work with developers to design algorithms and flowcharts
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Integrate software components and third-party programs
- Verify and deploy programs and systems
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Gather and evaluate user feedback
- Recommend and execute improvements
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
To succeed in this role, we think you should have
- At least 5 years of experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role
- 5+ years of Java and Spring boot experience
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Knowledge of coding languages (e.g. C++, Java) and frameworks/systems (e.g. AngularJS, Git)
- Experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g. Hibernate)
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field