Marc Andreessen, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peek behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and growing their business. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
About the Role
The Senior Manager, FP&A will be a critical Business Partner to key stakeholders across Andela’s different business functions and country operations to provide Financial Analysis and Decision Support for scaling the Andela business profitably and building a sustainable enterprise. Responsibilities include: Budgeting and Planning, Business Performance Management, Forecasting, Strategic Planning and Business Partnering.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Strategic and Annual Planning: Partner with Business Leaders across functions to build Strategic Plans and Annual Budgets
- Forecasting: Coordinate the monthly business forecast process and track critical business performance metrics and KPIs
- Financial Modeling: Develop models to assess business decision options and determine the impact on business performance.
- Business Intelligence: Develop tools for understanding critical business levers and optimising business performance. Provide thought leadership in improving Cost Efficiency, ROI and Financial Ratios
- Financial Analysis: Report and track financial and operational results to better understand company performance and provide insights to guide business actions
- Business Partnering: Collaborate with Business Partners across the organization to align strategic objectives, business operations and financial performance.
Degree in Accounting, Economics or related field or relevant experience in Financial Planning and Analysis. MBA preferred but not required.
Minimum of atleast 7 years of relevant experience
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.