© 2019 Digital Barker
OneFi started in 2012 as a brick and mortar consumer lender focused on the Nigerian market. Having raised a Series A round in 2015, we pivoted in 2016 to become a digital lender via the Paylater App (www.paylater.ng) and we are focused on provided access to financial services to the “Next Billion’ starting in Africa. Currently, we are the largest fully automated smartphone lender in West Africa with over 1,000,000 apps downloaded and disbursing just under 2,000 loans per day in Nigeria and Ghana. Our 2018 goal is to be a digital bank in 3 countries and have secured a banking license in Nigeria already.
OneFi is headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria with offices in South Africa and the UK.
About the Role
We are looking for a user-experience designer responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating findings into sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes. You will also design the overall functionality of the product(s) and iterate upon it to ensure a great user experience.
This is a great opportunity to drive the design and functionality of some of the most innovative Fintech products in Africa.
Please note that this is a UX Design position. UI Designers, Graphic Designers and Front End Developers need not apply.
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the team’s product vision by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for app-based services.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimised for a wide range of devices, interfaces and users.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Be reliable and able to execute to meet tight deadlines.
- Employ the use of data to drive innovation and champion new ideas.
- 4 years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for app-based services.
- Expertise in UX software a must.
- Wireframe tools: Balsamiq, Axure, UXPin
- Design tools: Photoshop CC, Sketch
- Prototyping tools: InVision, UXPin, Framer.js, Quarter Composer
- Ability to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet needs and vision of the product(s).
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions
- Deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- Solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to product, development and engineering teams.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design.