Job ID 5511
Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) to make and receive payments in a convenient borderless manner.
To make it easier for Africans to build global businesses that can make and accept any payment, anywhere from across Africa and around the world.
Simplifying payments for endless possibilities.
About the Regulatory Affairs Program & Project Manager Role
As the Regulatory Affairs Program & Project Manager, you will be responsible for organizing programs and activities for our Regulatory and Government-Related engagements. You will be tasked with developing programs to support the organization’s strategic direction, as well as creating and managing long-term goals. You will also be in charge of developing budgets and operating plans for programs and writing program funding proposals.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have prior experience in both program management and team management. The function may involve travel within the region and sometimes to other international destinations.
- Dual reporting to Chief Regulatory and Government Relations Officer, and Business head in regions
- Works very closely with Country, Group-level, and Global colleagues including, Business Development, Merchant Sales and Solutions, Risk, Compliance, Client Services, Corporate Social Impact, Legal, Marketing, Strategy, and Product groups.
- Liaises closely with functional colleagues in the region and around the world to develop and refine best practices
- Works with cross-divisional business teams as subject matter expert on regulatory issues and government relations
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Flutterwave is well-positioned to take advantage of potential partnerships with national government agencies particularly in the areas of financial inclusion, and payments digitization, including facilitating potential government programs that may benefit from the application of electronic payments.
- Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Developing new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Creating and managing long-term goals.
- Developing a budget and operating plan for the program.
- Developing an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Writing program funding proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services.
- Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Ensuring goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality, and team member performance.
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services.
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
- Analyzing program risks.
- Working on strategy with the Regulatory Affairs team
You’ll be a great fit if you have the following skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in business or related field.
- Experience working with Government or Regulatory body is an advantage
- Proven experience in program management.
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
- Proven experience managing a team.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.