The MEST Training Program is a graduate-level, 1-year entrepreneurial course in business, communications and software development grounded in hands-on projects. Entrepreneurs-in-training (EITs) form teams at MEST and pitch for the chance to receive seed funding.
While applications are accepted from candidates based all over Africa, group interviews are held in five core countries: Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya and Cote d’Ivoire. All program and travel costs for accepted EITs are covered by MEST.
The year-long training programme provides Entrepreneurs-in-Training (EITs) with MBA-level entrepreneurship training in business, software development and communications. While diving deep into fundamental business and technology concepts, EITs complete 3 Capstones per year – they form teams, come up with an idea, build and validate a product, attain customers and pitch the idea in front of our board.
The year culminates in a final exam in the form of an investor pitch, after which some companies will receive seed funding and enter the MEST Incubator.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and strong desire to start a company
- Ability to communicate candidly and persuasively
- Ability to work well in teams
- Proven academic excellence
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Ability to meet goals and deadlines
- Demonstrated personal drive, stamina, and self-motivation
- Confidence and independent thinking
- Excellent people skills
Successful applicants must have the following:
- Passion: A deep passion for starting a software company.
- Experience: Entrepreneurial or corporate work experience.
- Education: A degree from a top university or Technical College (or equivalent experience).
The MEST program is fully funded, including free tuition, room and board, 3 meals per day and a small monthly stipend.
How to Apply:
To get started, click here https://mest.submittable.com/submit/bc1f1506-59fa-4abc-b025-bb8819ce4c73/the-mest-training-program-class-of-2021
7th February 2020.
Leave a Reply