Ecobank Group, the pan-African banking group, is inviting African fintechs to enter for the 3rd edition of the Ecobank Fintech Challenge. The Fintech Challenge gives African start-ups the opportunity to promote their fintech solutions. Startups can also potentially partner with Ecobank to roll-out their solutions across Ecobank’s 33 markets in Africa as well as France.
According to Eddy Ogbogu, Ecobank Group Executive, Operations & Technology, “As a banking group we continue to be amazed at the many ways in which fintechs are transforming banking across Africa. We look forward to the new innovations and partnership opportunities that will come with the 2020 edition.”
- Ecobank welcomes submissions from all start-ups and developers in any of Africa’s 54 countries.
Fellows will qualify to explore the following opportunities including:
- The selected finalists participate in the Ecobank Fintech Innovation Fair, with the top 3 finalists winning cash prizes.
- All Finalists will be inducted as Ecobank Fintech Fellows, participate in a business boot camp followed by an Awards and Innovation Fair at the headquarters of the Ecobank Group in Lomé, Togo in June 2020.
- Multinational product roll-out: an opportunity to pursue integration with Ecobank and potentially launch products in Ecobank’s Pan African footprint
- Service provider partnerships. Ecobank may select start-ups as a pan-African service partner within the bank’s ecosystem.
- Access to Ecobank’s Pan-African Banking Sandbox: Fellows will be given access to Ecobank’s APIs to test and improve their products for the pan-African market.
- Mentoring and networking support in the network of global and African partners of the Group.
How to Apply:
Applications for the competition will close on the 12th of April, 2020.
The 2020 Ecobank Fintech Challenge was designed in partnership with the advisory firm Konfidants and is supported by several partners across Africa and globally.