YouTube today announced the launch of YouTube Music and YouTube Premium in Nigeria.
YouTube Music is a music streaming service that offers official songs, albums, thousands of playlists and artist radio, plus YouTube’s catalogue of remixes, live performances, covers and music videos that you can’t find anywhere else – personalised and organised in one place.
While fans can access ad-supported YouTube Music for free, YouTube has also announced YouTube Music Premium, a paid membership that gives you background listening, downloads and an ad-free experience for N900 a month. Music fans can get one month free YouTube Music Premium here, costing N900 per month thereafter or N1,400 per month for a Family Plan.
Starting today, you can also upgrade toYouTube Premium, providing members with the benefits of Music Premium, plus ad-free, background listening, and downloads across all of YouTube, plus you get to binge-watch YouTube Originals shows and movies, including the hit series Cobra Kai and many more. Try YouTube Premium free for one month here, costing N1,100 per month after or N1,700 per month for a Family Plan.
“It’s good that YouTube Music and Premium are in Nigeria now, we need it,” says Naira Marley. “This platform is going to make things easier for me to listen to my favorite tunes, and it’s also a nice way for me to build more fans in Nigeria and across the globe. It’s about time, Youtube is more than videos, Youtube is the plug.”
Why will you love YouTube Music?
- A reimagined mobile app and brand new desktop player that are designed for music.
- YouTube Music has thousands of playlists, the official versions of millions of songs, albums, artist radio and more, in addition to all the music videos people expect from YouTube.
- Remixes, covers, live versions as well as deep cuts you can’t find anywhere else – from the biggest artists in the world to freshest voices breaking through.
- New and iconic videos from God’s Plan and Havana to Thriller, Sledgehammer, and more.
- YouTube Music search works even if fans don’t know exactly what they’re looking for … we’ll find it if they describe it (try “that hipster song with the whistling”) or give us some lyrics (try “I make money moves”).
- YouTube Music’s personalised home screen dynamically adapts to provide recommendations based on people’s listening history, where they are and what they’re doing. At the airport? We’ll recommend something relaxing before the flight. Entering the gym? We’ll suggest some beats to get the heart-rate going.
- Thousands of playlists built to help you discover new music. That means no matter what kind of music you like, where you are, what you’re doing, or what mood you’re in, you can easily find the right playlist for that moment.
- No internet? No problem. Paid members can download music and listen ad-free and in the background. Plus, your Offline Mixtape automatically downloads songs you love just in case you forget to.
“We are excited to launch YouTube Music and Premium in Nigeria, giving fans and artists more opportunity to connect in a dedicated music experience,” says Dan Chalmers, Head of Music, YouTube EMEA. “From your favorite albums to music videos to those remixes and covers you can’t find anywhere else, YouTube Music is your personal guide through the complete world of music.”