MTN Nigeria has announced the retirement of members of its board of directors after 18 years of leading the telecommunication company. The notification was made to the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), company shareholders and the general public. The retirement affects both executive and non-executive directors and takes effects on September 2, Daily Post reports.
The six board members are as follows:
- Pascal Dozie, CON – Pioneering Chairman
- Sani Bello (Rtd.) – Vice Chairman
- Chief Victor Odili, OON – Non-Executive Director
- Malam Ahmed Dasuki – Non-Executive director
- Babatunde Folawiyo – Non-Executive director
- Gbenga Oyebode, MFR – Non-Executive director
Outgoing Directors Helped To Get MTN Listed With the NSE
While speaking to reporters in Lagos, Company Secretary Uto Ukpanah revealed that the MTN top officials would be leaving because their tenure has expired, and because their exit is in tandem with applicable codes of Corporate Governance.
MTN Nigeria CEO, Ferdinand Moolman, thanked the exiting directors for seeing the telecom company to where it is presently over an 18-year existence period in the country.
“Our journey over the last 18 years has been incredible, and it would not have been possible without the initial entrepreneurial spirit of our founding directors, and their unfailing and dedicated support for MTN Nigeria’s vision over the years,” Moolman said. “I could not have asked for a more supportive, knowledgeable and experienced group of advisors.”
Dozie, who spoke on behalf of the exiting directors, said he is proud of the huge strides the company has made in the telecom sector. He said he is particularly proud that the company directors were able to get MTN listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange, a development that will enable thousands of Nigerians to become shareholders with telecom giant.
“On behalf of the out-going directors, I will like to thank the board and management of MTN Nigeria for their support over the years and to welcome the incoming directors,” Dozie said. “They have a hugely exciting future in front of them, and I believe the opportunity to make the next 18 years even more successful than the last.”
Fourteen New Officials Appointed To MTN Management Team
In the light of the directors’ exit in the coming weeks, the MTN management announced the appointment of new directors whose tenure commences on September 2.
The new appointees are –
- Ernest Ndukwe – MTN Chairman designate
- Michael Onochie Ajukwu – Independent Non-Executive Director
- Muhammad K. Ahmad, OON – Independent Non-Executive Director
- Andrew Alli – Non-Executive Director
- Rhidwaan Gasant – Independent Non-Executive Director
- Omobola Johnson – Non-Executive Director
- A.B. Mahmoud, OON – Non-Executive Director
- Ralph Mupita – Non-Executive Director
- Paul Norman – Non-Executive Director
- Ifueko Okauru, MFR – Non-Executive Director
- Jens Schulte-Bockum – Non-Executive Director
- Rob Shuter – Non-Executive Director
- Karl Toriola – Non-Executive Director
Welcoming the incoming directors, company CEO Moolman said he hoped the next 18 years will be highly productive to investors, service subscribers and the nation as a whole. He lauded the qualifications and experience of the new directors as relevant for company growth.
“Their combination of extensive experience across the worlds of technology, finance, regulatory and policy development and corporate governance offers a hugely synergistic set of skills that will be of great benefit to us as we move into a new phase of growth,” Moolman said.
Leave a Reply