GreenHouse Capital, in collaboration with Vibranium Valley and Google Launchpad Africa, is now accepting applications for the second cohort of its accelerator program – GreenHouse Lab. GreenHouse Lab was launched in 2018 and is Nigeria’s first female-focused tech accelerator.
The three-month accelerator begins in mid-August and ends in mid-November. Selected start-ups will be required to commit 2 employees to the program for up to 3 days a week in Lagos.
The target sectors include Agribusiness, Business services, Clean technology and energy, Utilities, Construction and manufacturing, Manufacturing, Creative, media and entertainment, Education, Financial services, Healthcare, ICT, Leisure and travel, Retail and wholesale, Consumer non-durables, Transport and logistics, Water, sanitation and hygiene, Cars, Household appliances, Luxury goods and jewelry.
Applicants must meet the following requirements in order to be considered for the program:
- Must be an early-stage tech startup with at least one female member on their founding or leadership team
- Must have identified a critical need in Africa and is building an effective, sustainable and scalable solution
- Must have a team consisting of at least two members including one technical member
- Must have developed, at a minimum, a beta-product and be in the process of refining a go-to-market strategy, building out sales channels and generating revenue
- Must be extremely passionate about their chosen vertical and demonstrate the necessary commitment to building the company of their dreams.
- A global cross-industry investor, corporate partner, and mentorship network.
- Access to products and resources from GreenHouse Capital partners, including Google Launchpad· An intensive curriculum delivered by Google mentors and industry experts.
- The opportunity to work out of Vibranium Valley, Lagos, Nigeria’s premier tech hub.
- Ecosystem engagement (through networking sessions and roadshows.
- The potential to receive a minimum of 100K USD investment from GreenHouse Capital for startups that qualify and meet our investment readiness criteria (this excludes other offers that may come from our global network of investors).
How to Apply:
Founders can apply for the 2019 GreenHouse Lab accelerator program by setting up a venture profile on the VC4Africa platform and uploading their most recent pitch deck.
To get started, click here https://vc4a.com/greenhouse-capital/greenhouse-lab/application/
August 4, 2019.