It is no news that the digital age and the tech industry have disrupted the workforce. One of the areas disrupted is the workplace. In the past, work was done within the four walls of a designated area called an office. Workers were required to commute to this location and complete the day’s worth of tasks. The recent development and embrace of remote working necessitate the need to know the top remote tech jobs that pay well.
This article aims to help you make informed decisions when choosing a career path or a skill to learn. However, before diving into the tech jobs and their pay range, let’s talk about remote working.
Why remote working
Before the era of the global Covid-19 pandemic, remote working was at best tolerated or considered a thing for freelancers. Going to work was a thing considered a necessity for adulthood, and it was a strange sight, to see someone work from home.
However, the Covid-19 lockdown gave rise to the consideration of other ways to work without going down to the office. With the use of certain digital tools, employees were able to work from wherever they were caught up in the lockdown.
Remote working reduces the stress of commuting, reduces the cost of commuting and saves time from commuting. However, the deletion of the daily commute is not the only advantage of remote working. Studies show that workers who were allowed to work remotely had more satisfaction in their jobs and worked more efficiently.
Another advantage of remote working is that it promotes a healthy life-work balance. Remote workers are able to work at their most efficient time of the day and get other things done too.
Despite the advantages of remote working though, not all employers are open to the option. At one time, Apple Inc. even set a deadline for employees to return to the office. So, where can you get the available remote jobs?
Where and how to find the top remote tech jobs that pay well
One thing that supports the remote working trend is the fact that the world has become a global village. One can get a job in another continent and get paid as long as the job is done well. This new trend is why the avenues for these jobs are mostly online. The top three ways to get top remote tech jobs are:
- Social media: Social media platforms are not just for entertainment and news. They are also a great place to get necessary information like vacancies in the right places. If you place yourself in the right groups online, you’d be able to get a hint of when your desired type of job is available.
- Online job platforms: Places like Upwork and Fiverr are known for their freelance markets. However, people have been known to get to employee status because of their great work. Other platforms exist, like Flex Jobs and Indeed which focus mainly on full-time roles. However, don’t limit yourself by looking in just one direction. Spread your net until you get what you are looking for.
- LinkedIn: LinkedIn is another great place because of its networking-encouraging features. By showing your ability on the platform, and networking with like-minded people, you might just catch the eye of an employer or get a great recommendation. Like LinkedIn, word of mouth is another great way to get a remote tech job. By letting people you are in the market for a remote opportunity, they can put in a word for you if they find something that fits.
There is no one track to these things, however, it is important that you know what you are looking for so that you recognise it when you see it.
3 of the top remote tech jobs, what they entail, and their pay grades
Sometimes, what you want might not be clear, and you need a little more understanding, clarity, or even a nudge. Below are three of the top remote tech jobs that pay well. Note that the pay grades are at the international level, and mastery goes a long way in determining the salary packages in the tech space.
- Data Scientist. As a data scientist, you help companies make smarter decisions by relying on the data gathered and processed to lead the way. By collecting vast quantities of data, sifting through and analyzing them, you get the needed insights to solve problems. This revelation will be shared by you with stakeholders to create an action plan. The average salary for a data scientist is $110,000-$250,000 per annum.
- Software Engineer: As a software engineer you develop computer software and systems. Your job is important because you will be playing a key role in the creation and development of technologies that run organizations. Because of their importance, software engineers are always sought after by companies. The average salary for a software engineer is $100,000-$160,000+ per annum.
- Web Developer: The web is just getting started, and individuals and organizations are seeing more reasons to have a presence on the web, daily. As a web developer, you create and design these spaces on the web, websites, for your clients. You make it looks great and make it work great too so that visitors would want to visit again. The average salary for a web developer is $70,000-$120,000 per annum.
Remote working offers a lot of advantages and the competition for available remote jobs is steadily on the rise. It is not enough to know the top remote tech jobs that pay well. By skilling up and placing yourself on the right path, you will be among those who are reaping the dividends of remote work.